Group & Private Syria Tours
2021 / 2022
We organise both private and group tours to Syria. Whether you’re looking for a one day trip to Damascus or a 15 day bespoke whole Syria tour – we’ve got you covered.
Share this page:
Our Syria tours start and finish in either Beirut, Lebanon or Amman, Jordan. Our guide will pick you up and escort you across the border.
We constantly monitor the situation on the ground with our partners in Damascus. Tour itineraries are subject to last minute changes depending on the security situation.
Entry will be refused to those with Israeli stamps in their passport.
We currently have one group tour scheduled for the Autumn. Prefer a private trip? We can arrange a tour for any number of people on any dates – just get in touch and let us know when you want to travel.
Damascus - Maaloula - Krak des Chevalier - Homs - Aleppo - Lattakia - Palmyra - Bosra
Unsure of where to go? Check out our Map & Sample Itinerary below
You can travel to Syria on any dates but the summer is best avoided due to the heat. The places we visit are regarded as safe.
All museums are closed on Tuesdays.
The Syrian visa takes approx 2 weeks to process and is open to European, US, Canada, Australian passport holders and others. Get in touch and we will let you know if you qualify for a tourist visa.
When the security clearance is issued from the ministry of tourism you are then free to collect the visa on arrival accompanied by our guide.
You can travel to Syria for between one and fifteen days. A day tour to Damascus from Beirut costs $390 USD per person based on 2 people.
As an example the 7 day itinerary listed below is $1,560 USD per person based on 2 people sharing.
Action packed tour of Syria to and from Beirut!
See Damascus, Homs, Aleppo, Palmyra & much more on this tour of Syria from Beirut return!
Beirut – Damascus – Krak de Chavaliers – Homs – Aleppo – Damascus – Beirut.
Day 1 - Beirut / Damascus
- Early pick up from Beirut, Lebanon.
- Transfer to the Syrian border for exit/entry formalities.
- Continue onto Damascus by private car.
- Check into the hotel and have a short rest before starting a walking tour of old Damascus.
- In the afternoon we’ll explore the bazaar, shopping areas and bar/restaurant street.
- Free time in the evening to enjoy Damascus’ vibrant night-life.
- Overnight in Damascus.
Day 2 - Damascus
- After breakfast, we’ll start our full day Damascus city tour.
- Visit the National Museum of Syria.
- Explore the Handicraft market for some of the best handmade goods in the Middle East.
- Azem Palace (a perfect example of a traditional Damascene house.
- Umayyad mosque (a place of worship since the first millennium B.C).
- Visit The church of St. Ananias, the window of St.Paul and explore the hamidieh souk.
- Dinner and and overnight in Damascus.
Day 3 - Malloula, Krak des Chevaliers & Homs
- Our first stop today will be at Maaloula, a small Christian town that was almost completely
decimated by ISIS in 2014.
- We’ll visit a Catholic church which was destroyed but has already been largely rebuilt.
- Krak Des Chevaliers – “The most wholly admirable castle in the world.” – According to Lawrence of Arabia.
- After touring the castle, we continue onto Homs.
- Dinner and overnight in Homs.
Day 4 - Homs & Aleppo
- Homs tour including a visit to the St. Mary’s Church of the Holy Belt – the seat of the Syriac Orthodox Church.
- Depart for Aleppo. There will be many checkpoints along the way as the main road between Homs and Aleppo runs very close to areas controlled by the Syrian Free Army. We avoid most of it by taking
the more scenic route to Aleppo.
- Arrive in the early evening. Free time for dinner and
the rest of the evening to explore yourself.
- Overnight in Aleppo.
Day 5 - Aleppo
- Aleppo was arguably one of the worst affected cities during the Syrian war. Here you’ll get the chance
to see some of the terrible destruction as well as the opportunity to witness the early stages of the massive rebuilding projects that Syrians are now undertaking.
- Our first stop in the morning will be the famous Aleppo Castle.
- We’ll also be able to see the destroyed souk.
- Drive into the old town – one of the areas that was the worst affected by the war.
- Dinner & overnight in Aleppo
Day 6 - Hama & Damascus
- Departure after breakfast to Hama. We’ll visit the famous waterwheel here.
- Drive back to Damascus, with some scenic stops along the way.
- Arrive in Damascus in the late afternoon. Check into our hotel.
- Free time to explore for the rest of the day.
- Overnight in Damascus.
Day 7 - Damascus & Beirut
- After breakfast begin the drive back to Beirut by private transfer
- End of tour.