Syria Budget Tour
What's it all about?
Beirut – Damascus – Krak de Chavaliers – Palmyra - Homs – Aleppo – Damascus – Beirut.
November 9 - 13th, 2021
We will apply for a security clearance on your behalf which will allow you to collect the visa on arrival at the border.
Beirut – Damascus – Krak de Chavaliers – Aleppo – Maaloula – Damascus – Beirut.
November 9th - Beirut / Damascus
- Early pick up from Beirut, Lebanon.
- Transfer to the Syrian border for exit/entry formalities.
- Continue onto Damascus by private car.
- Visit the National Museum of Syria.
- Explore the Handicraft market for some of the best handmade goods in the Middle East.
- Azem Palace (a perfect example of a traditional Damascene house.
- Mausoleum of Saladine & Umayyad mosque (a place of worship since the first millennium B.C).
- Visit The church of St. Ananias, the window of St.Paul and explore the hamidieh souk.
- Dinner and and overnight in Damascus.
November 10th - Damascus - Krak - Aleppo
- Depart for Aleppo. There will be many checkpoints along the way as the main road between Homs and Aleppo runs very close to areas controlled by the Syrian Free Army. We avoid most of it by taking the more scenic route to Aleppo.
- Stop at Krak Des Chevaliers – “The most wholly admirable castle in the world.” – According to Lawrence of Arabia.
- After touring the castle, we continue onto Aleppo.
- Arrive in the early evening. Free time for dinner and
the rest of the evening to explore yourself.
- Overnight in Aleppo.
November 11th - Aleppo
- Aleppo was arguably one of the worst affected cities during the Syrian war. Here you’ll get the chance to see some of the terrible destruction as well as the opportunity to witness the early stages of the massive rebuilding projects that Syrians are now undertaking.
- Our first stop in the morning will be the famous Aleppo Castle.
- We’ll also be able to see the destroyed souk.
- Drive into the old town – one of the areas that was the worst affected by the war.
- Overnight in Aleppo
- Visit the Caravanserai – a place once used as accommodation for traders.
- Dinner and overnight in Aleppo.
November 12th - Hama - Maaloula - Damascus
- After breakfast we drive south to Hama and the famous waterwheels.
- Stop at Sednaya to visit a convent.
- Drive onto Maaloula, a small Christian town that was almost completely decimated by ISIS in 2014. It’s one of the most scenic villages in Syria and is the only place in the world where Aramaic; the language spoken by Christ is still used as a living language
- We’ll visit a Catholic church which was destroyed but has already been largely rebuilt.
- Continue onto Damascus.
- Head tyo the souk for some shopping before dinner.
- Overnight in Damascus
November 13th - Damascus - Beirut
- Transfer to Beirut and end of Syria budget tour
You’ll be in the vastly experienced hands of our English speaking local guide & fixer. There will be no Rocky Road Travel guide on this tour. We visit Syria regularly, so we have maximized the itinerary accordingly. Given the unpredictable nature of travelling in Syria, the itinerary may change slightly, but we will always go above and beyond with added extras such as stops at local cafe-bars, shisha lounges and amusement parks. We are in constant communication with our local partners on the ground who advise the safe routes to take.
Before & after the Syria tour we will add you to dedicated email and social media groups so you can share photos easily with your travel mates. Just let us know is you want to opt out of this.
To book simply hit the button below and start the conversation today.