Travel to the Horn of Africa
Somaliland proclaimed itself independent from the rest of Somalia in 1991. Unlike the south of Somalia, the self-declared country has largely avoided unrest and is finally beginning to forge a reputation for stability in the region. See our scheduled group tours below.
Our 3 day / 2 night tour of the Somalian capital Mogadishu, takes you to the highlights including the fish market, Liido Beach, the lighthouse, market and Peace park. This is a private tour that can be arranged on any dates. See the itinerary here.
We take security very seriously so we have limited this tour for up to four travellers only. You will be accompanied by a two vehicle security team. Your local guide and security team will have the last say on changes to the itinerary for security reasons.
From Europe the easiest way of getting to Mogadishu is with Turkish Airlines. Jubba airlines and Fly-Sax also fly to Mogadishu from Dubai and Nairobi respectively.
FlyDubai have a reliable twice daily service to Hargeisa from Dubai.
You can travel to Somaliland or Mogadishu 365 days a year. Weather-wise the best months are from September to May.
Our scheduled Somaliland group tour is in May.
For all Somalia tours we will arrange for you to receive the visa on arrival at Mogadishu or Hargeisa Airport. All you need to do is send us a scan photo of your passport. The visa costs $60, payable in USD.
Prices atart from $1,190 USD based on 4 people travelling.
Celebrate the birthday of this unrecognized country!
Why not combine the both Somaliland & Eritrea for your Horn of Africa Combo!
3 Day Mogadishu - Somalia Tour
- Own arrival in Mogadishu. Your guide will assist you getting visa on arrival. We will assist you getting your visa on arrival.
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel.
- Trip briefing. After a quick check in and refreshments you will get quick brief about your Mogadishu tour.
- Monument of Unknown Soldier. This is one of the most sacred & historical places of the city. it’s dedicated to all those who sacrificed their life for the independence of Somalia.
- Liido beach. Mogadishu’s most famous beach. You’ll have time to interact with the local people and enjoy the breeze with a nice cup of Somali tea.
- Peace Park. The biggest and most beautiful park in the city where local people come together to relax.
- Dinner and overnight
- After breakfast, start a big day with the fish market.
Mogadishu fish Market is one of the most photogenic places to visit in Mogadishu. It comes alive in the morning.
- Check out the old harbor. This is oldest port in Somalia.
- The light house. Rebuilt during the Italian colonial era, this is an iconic landmark of Mogadishu. It is no longer functioning but it’s still an important symbol in Mogadishu’s maritime tradition. The staircases were intentionally damaged during the Civil War, but
if you are brave or crazy enough to climb to the top, the view over the bay is definitely rewarding.
- Bakara market – An open market and the largest in Somalia. It opened up in late 1972 during the
reign of Siad Barre.
- See the wreckages of the black hawk helicopters.
You will check out the wreckage from the war in 1993 between American rangers and a Somali warlord. Made famous in the movie “Black Hawk Down”.
- Lunch in Somali local restaurant. You will get opportunity to try out some traditional food.
- Sightseeing in bazaars and malls. Walk through the shopping areas to experience everyday life.
- Jazeera beach. This is a lovely beach that is popular with locals. You can take a boat ride to a small island.
- Souvenir shopping.
- SYL Monument. The Somali Youth League (SYL) was the first political party in Somalia. It played a key role in the nation’s road to independence during the 1940s,
1950s and 1960s. The Somali Youth League’s establishment on May 15 1943 is annually commemorated in Somalia.
- Dhagahtur monument. The monument symbolizes the struggle for independence from the colonial occupation.
- Visit Union Mosque. Also known as mosque of Islamic solidarity, this is one of the largest religious sites in the Horn of Africa, with a capacity of over 10,000
- Dinner and overnight.
- Transfer to the airport for your flight home.