3 Day / 2 night Mogadishu Tour
The “White Pearl of the Indian Ocean”, the Somalian capital has a surprisingly large amount to offer. Experience it for yourself on our Mogadishu tour.
Our 3 day / 2 night tour takes you to the highlights including the fish market, Liido Beach, the lighthouse, market and Peace park.
We take security very seriously so we have limited this tour for up to four travellers only. You will be accompanied by a two vehicle security team. Your local guide and security team will have the last say on changes to the itinerary for security reasons.
From Europe the easiest way of getting to Mogadishu is with Turkish Airlines. Jubba airlines and Fly-Sax also fly to Mogadishu from Dubai and Nairobi respectively.
You can travel to Mogadishu 365 days a year. Weather-wise the best months are from September to May.
You can also link your Mogadishu tour to our scheduled Somaliland group tour in May.
We will arrange for you to receive the visa on arrival at Mogadishu Airport. All you need to do is send us a scan photo of your passport. The visa costs $60, payable in USD.
Prices start from $1,190 USD based on 2 people travelling.
Mogadishu Tour Itinerary
- Own arrival in Mogadishu. We will assist you getting your visa on arrival.
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel.
- Trip briefing. After a quick check in and refreshments you will get quick brief about your Mogadishu tour.
- Monument of Unknown Soldier. This is one of the most sacred & historical places of the city. it’s dedicated to all those who sacrificed their life for the independence of Somalia.
- Liido beach. Mogadishu’s most famous beach. You’ll have time to interact with the local people and enjoy the breeze with a nice cup of Somali tea.
- Peace Park. The biggest and most beautiful park in the city where local people come together to relax.
- Dinner and overnight.
- After breakfast, start a big day with the fish market.
Mogadishu fish Market is one of the most photogenic places to visit in Mogadishu. It comes alive in the morning.
- Check out the old harbor. This is oldest port in Somalia.
- The light house. Rebuilt during the Italian colonial era, this is an iconic landmark of Mogadishu. It is no longer functioning but it’s still an important symbol in Mogadishu’s maritime tradition. The staircases were intentionally damaged during the Civil War, but
if you are brave or crazy enough to climb to the top, the view over the bay is definitely rewarding.
- Bakara market – An open market and the largest in Somalia. It opened up in late 1972 during the
reign of Siad Barre.
- See the wreckages of the black hawk helicopters.
You will check out the wreckage from the war in 1993 between American rangers and a Somali warlord. Made famous in the movie “Black Hawk Down”.
- Lunch in Somali local restaurant. You will get opportunity to try out some traditional food.
- Sightseeing in bazaars and malls. Walk through the shopping areas to experience everyday life.
- Jazeera beach. This is a lovely beach that is popular with locals. You can take a boat ride to a small island.
- Souvenir shopping.
- SYL Monument. The Somali Youth League (SYL) was the first political party in Somalia. It played a key role in the nation’s road to independence during the 1940s,
1950s and 1960s. The Somali Youth League’s establishment on May 15 1943 is annually commemorated in Somalia.
- Dhagahtur monument. The monument symbolizes the struggle for independence from the colonial occupation.
- Visit Union Mosque. Also known as mosque of Islamic solidarity, this is one of the largest religious sites in the Horn of Africa, with a capacity of over 10,000
- Dinner and overnight.
- Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
We will take care of every detail of the Somalia visa application so you can easily pick it up on arrival. We do cut costs on security. You will be accompanied at all times by two security teams and a local guide / fixer. They have the final say on any itinerary changes.
To book simply get in touch below to start the conversation today.