Christmas in Syria Tour
What's it all about?
Beirut – Damascus – Krak de Chavaliers – Homs – Aleppo – Damascus – Beirut.
December 24 – 28th, 2022
We will apply for a security clearance on your behalf which will allow you to collect the visa on arrival at the border.
Beirut – Damascus – Krak de Chavaliers – Aleppo – Damascus – Beirut.
December 24th - Beirut / Damascus
- Early pick up from Beirut, Lebanon.
- Transfer to the Syrian border for exit/entry formalities.
- Continue onto Damascus by private car.
- Check into your incredible Old Damascene hotel. Take a short rest before starting a walking tour of the old town.
- In the afternoon we’ll explore the Al-Hamidiyah Souq.
- Free time in the evening to enjoy Damascus’ vibrant night-life along “Straight Street”.
- **Free inclusion** – Optional visit to a Hamam for an evening scrub! There’s no better way to end your first day in Damascus than relaxing in one of it’s ancient bath houses.
- Overnight in a traditional hotel in Old Damascus.
December 25th - Christmas in Damascus
- After breakfast, we’ll start our full day Damascus city tour.
- Explore the Handicraft market for some of the best handmade goods in the Middle East.
- Azem Palace (a perfect example of a traditional Damascene house turned museum of the Ottoman times)
- Umayyad mosque (a place of worship since the first millennium B.C. It was once a church and now one of the most unique and important mosques in the world).
- Visit The church of St. Ananias, the window of St.Paul. Witness some of the carol performances and Christmas church services.
- Christmas dinner and and overnight in Damascus.
December 26th - Krak Des Chevalliers - Homs - Aleppo
- Depart north for Aleppo.
- Stop at Krak Des Chevaliers – “The most wholly admirable castle in the world.” – According to Lawrence of Arabia.
- Continue onto Homs. Witness some of the rebuilding efforts underway and visit Khaled Ibn Al-Walid shrine.
- Lunch in Homs city
- Continue to Aleppo and arrive in the early evening.
- Explore some of the old town around the citadel by night.
- Dinner at a famous Armenian family run Syrian restaurant.
- Overnight in Aleppo.
December 27th - Aleppo - Hama - Damascus
- Aleppo was arguably one of the worst affected cities during the Syrian war. Here you’ll get the chance to see some of the terrible destruction as well as the opportunity to witness the early stages of the massive rebuilding projects that Syrians are now undertaking.
- Our first stop in the morning will be the famous Aleppo Citadel.
- We’ll also be able to see the destroyed souk and some of the rebuilding efforts in the old town – one of the areas that was the worst affected by the war.
- Visit the Caravanserai – a place once used as accommodation for traders.
- After lunch we drive south to Hama and the famous waterwheels.
- Continue onto Damascus & check into our hotel.
- Dinner and overnight in Damascus.
December 28th - Damascus - Beirut
- Half day touring the last sights of Damascus which we did not cover already.
- Drive back to Beirut and arrive by early evening.
- End of Syria budget tour.
You’ll be in the vastly experienced hands of our English speaking local guide & fixer. There will be no Rocky Road Travel guide on this tour. We visit Syria regularly, so we have maximized the itinerary accordingly. Given the unpredictable nature of travelling in Syria, the itinerary may change slightly, but we will always go above and beyond with added extras such as stops at local cafe-bars, shisha lounges and amusement parks. We are in constant communication with our local partners on the ground who advise the safe routes to take.
Before & after the Syria tour we will add you to dedicated email and social media groups so you can share photos easily with your travel mates. Just let us know is you want to opt out of this.
To book simply hit the button below and start the conversation today.