How does it work?
Can’t join our confirmed Chernobyl tours? No worries, you have other options.
Basically you can join a group tour which runs every day of the year. (price and itinerary below) OR you can arrange your own private Chernobyl tour for you or your mates. (see here).
Don’t forget ask us about our Kiev add ons such as tank driving and visiting a shooting range!
Chernobyl Day ToursJoin a group tour to Chernobyl any day of the year.
- Local english speaking guide
- Exclusive access
- To and from Kiev
Chernobyl Day tour itinerary
- 7.30am pick up by our Geiger carrying Chernobyl guides and comfortable minibuses.
- We then head out of Kiev and stop at a petrol station/supermarket en-route to pick up snacks. After a two hour drive we reach the outer checkpoint of the Chernobyl exclusion zone Following a passports check, we will be granted entry to the zone.
- Drive through various abandoned villages on the outskirts of the exclusion zone.
- See the incredible Duga-2 radar system, it dominates the skyline and is surrounded by a former Red Army base which we will also explore.
- We then have lunch at the cafeteria used by the Chernobyl workers. Don’t worry, no produce is grown on site.
- We will visit Pripyat Town and take in the Amusement Park, Main Square, wander around the streets seeing the supermarkets, hotels and other important sites.
- Tour the Chernobyl Industrial Zone taking in the view of the new roof covering Reactor No.4.
- We will drive along the cooling channels before walking along the railway lines to see the ruins of the Unfinished Cooling Towers.
- See the bridge with giant catfishes appearing in the water below.
- We then board our minibus for drive back to Kiev arriving around 7pm.
Private Chernobyl Tours
Want a private experience all to yourself? Do you have a group of mates and you want to have your very own private tour? Look no further, choose one day or two. Includes hotel pick up and drop off.
|4 – 6 People||€165||€319|
|6 + People||€119||€279|
Is it safe?
We have been safely taking people into the Zone for almost 6 years. Our contacts in the area allow us to visit lesser seen parts of one of the most interesting and eerie places on the planet.
The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone and surrounding areas are safe to visit. The levels of radiation on guided tours are relatively small. Radiation levels in most places are less than those of being in an aircraft flying at high altitude.
•All Transport to and from the zone. Including hotel pickup and drop-off.
•Accommodation in the zone on the overnight 2 day tours only.
•Some meals (unless otherwise stated)
•Visa Fees (if applicable)
•Some food and drinks (where not specified)
•Local guide tips