Chernobyl Overnight Tour
What's It All About?
This is your chance to see all of what Chernobyl has to offer. We’ll have 2 full days in and around Pripyat as well as one night in the exclusion zone!
The tour kicks off in Kiev with a first night bar crawl before heading into the zone. Our contacts in Pripyat mean, we can usually sneak in some secret sites that we are not allowed to blog about! This is an exclusive private tour to ensure we see all.
What are you waiting for? See Chernobyl before it’s too late!
Friday 26th July
- Arrival in Kiev and check into hotel
- City walking tour of Kiev followed by an optional trip to a shooting range where we are able to experience firing some high calibre Soviet-era guns (extra charge).
- We go for dinner and drinks at Ward No 6 (Palata No 6), Be sure to try the shot requiring you to wear a straitjacket and be set on fire… Overnight in Kiev.
Saturday 27th July
- Very early start for our trip to the Chernobyl exclusion zone. On the way there we stop for breakfast and watch a documentary on the disaster.
- On arrival, we go through the entry procedure and processing of our permits.
- Visit an outer village, the main square of the town of Chernobyl, “Fukushima” memorial, Statue to Lenin and the abandoned Synagogue.
- Lunch at the Workers Cafe.
- Visit the Dock, local shops, Monument to the Firefighters, hills of the buried village Kopachi, rustic kindergarten, the new sarcophagus, the Stone Road sign of Prypiat, Bridge of Death, Lenin Street, main square of Prypiat, supermarket, Amusement Park, School #3 (with gas masks), and swimming pool.
- We transfer to the Chernobyl Hotel for dinner, sampling of vodka, and stay overnight in the zone. Rooms are based on twin sharing.
Sunday 28th July
- Up early with breakfast in the hotel before we head back into the zone.
- Visit Duga 3, nicknamed the “Russian Woodpecker,” – a Soviet radar base used throughout the cold war.
- Visit the Cooling towers on the side of the unfinished reactors 5 and 6. Visit the Fish farm and “Red Forest”.
- Visit the Panel buildings with Soviet emblems.
- Visit the ruins of the School, hospital and morgue.
- Pripyat passenger boats on River Port, “Prometheus” cinema, music school and athletic stadium.
- Laboratory in the former kindergarten, greenhouses and bus station.
- We board our bus for the drive back to Kiev.
- End of tour.