The gateway to Iraq – Baghdad is a place steeped in mystery and immense history. Let us show you another side to the ancient Iraqi capital on one of our famed Baghdad tours. There is plenty to keep the intrepid adventure traveler entertained on any Iraq tour. Baghdad offers bustling souks, ancient madrassah’s and mosques, as well as informative and modern museums. Iraq’s history is unparalleled throughout the world.
What is there to see and do in Baghdad? Here’s a quick itinerary;
- It’s a Baghdad city tour day and we kick things off with a visit to the National Museum.
- Visit the incredible and well renovated Al–Mustansariya School. This is commonly known as the oldest school in the world.
- Walk through the adjoining copper market. A great place for souvenirs and photography.
- We drive an hour outside of the city to the ancient city of Ctesiphone. These days all that’s left is the palace archway which is the largest single span vault of unenforced brickwork in the world.
- Back to Baghdad for dinner and overnight.
- Visit the incredible Suffi shrine, a welcome escape from the city!
- The Al Shaheed Monument is the martyr’s memorial spot for people who died during the Iran-Iraq War.
- See the Liberation Square monument which commemorates the establishment of the Republic of Iraq.
- Visit the Flying Carpet Monument, the Monument to Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves and the Magic Lamp!
- Overnight in the Baghdad Hotel
How do you get to Baghdad?
Good question! We have a blog for that 🙂 Luckily Baghdad has connections to Dubai, Istanbul and other middle eastern hubs. Before you travel you will need to apply for an Iraq visa at an embassy in your home country. We will support this process by providing an invitation letter for you. Once you land in Baghdad out guide will meet and greet you, after that you’re ready to discover the wonders of the Mesopotamian capital! Travel to Iraq with Rocky Road Travel this year! Check out our Baghdad tours and get in touch by emailing email@example.com for more information.