Autumn Syria Tour
What's it all about?
Syria Tour Highlights
Beirut – Damascus – Krak de Chavaliers – Palmyra - Homs – Aleppo – Damascus – Beirut.
October 4 - 10th, 2021
We will apply for a security clearance on your behalf which will allow you to collect the visa on arrival at the border.
Beirut – Damascus – Krak de Chavaliers – Homs – Palmyra – Aleppo – Damascus – Beirut.
October 4th - Beirut / Damascus
- Early pick up from Beirut, Lebanon.
- Transfer to the Syrian border for exit/entry formalities.
- Continue onto Damascus by private car.
- Check into the hotel and have a short rest before starting a walking tour of old Damascus.
- In the afternoon we’ll explore the bazaar, shopping areas and bar/restaurant street.
- Free time in the evening to enjoy Damascus’ vibrant night-life.
- Overnight in Damascus.
October 5th - Damascus
- After breakfast, we’ll start our full day Damascus city tour.
- Visit the National Museum of Syria.
- Explore the Handicraft market for some of the best handmade goods in the Middle East.
- Azem Palace (a perfect example of a traditional Damascene house.
- Mausoleum of Saladine & Umayyad mosque (a place of worship since the first millennium B.C).
- Visit The church of St. Ananias, the window of St.Paul and explore the hamidieh souk.
- Dinner and and overnight in Damascus.
October 6th - Homs
- Our first stop today will be at Sednaya to visit a convent.
- Drive onto Maaloula, a small Christian town that was almost completely decimated by ISIS in 2014. It’s one of the most scenic villages in Syria and is the only place in the world where Aramaic; the language spoken by Christ is still used as a living language
- We’ll visit a Catholic church which was destroyed but has already been largely rebuilt.
- Krak Des Chevaliers – “The most wholly admirable castle in the world.” – According to Lawrence of Arabia.
- After touring the castle, we continue onto Homs.
- Dinner and overnight in Homs.
October 7th - Palmyra
- Early departure to Palmyra.
- Full day visit to the destroyed city. See the Arch of Triumph, the Great Colonnade, the Theatre, the Agora and the Tombs.
- Drive to Hama and Overnight.
October 8th - Aleppo
- Depart for Aleppo. There will be many checkpoints along the way as the main road between Homs and Aleppo runs very close to areas controlled by the Syrian Free Army. We avoid most of it by taking the more scenic route to Aleppo.
- Arrive in the early evening. Free time for dinner and
the rest of the evening to explore yourself.
- Overnight in Aleppo.
October 9th - Aleppo / Damascus
- Aleppo was arguably one of the worst affected cities during the Syrian war. Here you’ll get the chance
to see some of the terrible destruction as well as the opportunity to witness the early stages of the massive rebuilding projects that Syrians are now undertaking.
- Our first stop in the morning will be the famous Aleppo Castle.
- We’ll also be able to see the destroyed souk.
- Drive into the old town – one of the areas that was the worst affected by the war.
- Drive back to Damascus.
- Dinner, free time and overnight in Damascus.
October 10th - Beirut
- After breakfast begin the drive back to Beirut by private trasfer
- End of Syria tour.
Applying For A Visa for Syria Since 2018 all travelers to Syria are required to [...]
Is it even possible to travel to Syria? There are a lot of things to [...]